1. 2 cups whole wheat grain.
2. 2 cups milk.
3. 1 tablespoon corn flour (cornstarch).
4. 1 cup sugar.
5. 1 tablespoon butter.
1. 1 tablespoon raisins.
2. 1 tablespoon mixed nuts.
3. 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon.
1. Place whole wheat grain in earthenware pot or ceramic container.
2. Cover with warm water at least 3 times its amount.
3. Leave to rest in a warm place for 4-6 hours.
4. Drain, cover with warm water.
5. Boil over low flame for 10-15 minutes or until it is very soft.
6. Drain again.
7. Dissolve sugar in milk Add corn flour and butter and pour over wheat.
8. Return pot to flame and simmer for 10 minutes on very low heat.
9. Place in serving dish to cool.
10. Lightly fry raisins until they puff.
11. Mix with nuts and cinnamon and sprinkle over 'Ashura.
This dish is traditionally prepared on the 10th of Muharram (the first month of the Islamic calendar).