1. 1/2 a cup Orzo
2. 1 pound Stew Beef meat (cut small)
3. 2 OZ Butter (1/2 stick)
4. 1/2 tea spoon salt
5. 1/2 tea spoon pepper
6. 2 medium size onions
7. 4 cups of water
8. 1/4 tea spoon of ground decorticated Cardamom (or 5 Cardamon sticks).
9. 1 Lemon.
1. Melt the butter.
2. Add Orzo to butter.
3. Cook on a low flame and stir in the Orzo until Orzo becomes a red color.
4. Wash beef well.
5. Boil 4 cups of water and cook beef for 3 minutes. Scoop boiled blood if any.
6. Cut onion.
7. Add Onion, Orzo, salt, and pepper to beef and cook until onion and beef are cooked.
8. Add 1/4 tea spoon of ground decorticated Cardamom (or 5 Cardamon sticks) to beef.
9. Add water if needed.
10. After the soup is cooked remove the 5 Cardamom sticks.
If you failed to remove the sticks, the Cardamom will have a bitter taste when you eat it.
Serve soup while it is hot. If you like, add lemon to the soup. Enjoy.Go to top of page