Breakfast is usually consists of beans (Fuul Midammis), bean
cakes, eggs, and/or pickles. Cheeses and jam - called nawahif, or
'dry things' are also part of breakfast meal.
1. 2 cups skinned white broad beans.
2. 1/2 cup fresh dill leaves.
3. 1/2 cup coriander leaves.
4. 2 onions.
5. 10 garlic cloves.
6. 1/2 cup parsley leaves.
7. 1 small leek, stalk only.
8. 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate or baking soda.
9. 1 teaspoon cumin.
10. 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper. (optional)
11. 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds.
12. cooking oil.
1. Soak beans overnight.
2. Drain and mince with dill, coriander, onions, garlicc, parsley, and leek.
3. Add spices, seasoning, and sodium bicarbonate, then, knead.
4. Let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour.
5. With a wet spoon or wet fingers, scoop a small amount and shape into flat discs about 2 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick.
6. Sprinkle one side with sesame seeds and deep fry in sizzling oil until brown.
7. Remove onto absorbent paper.
It is best eaten hot with tomato salad. Enjoy.