1. 2 kg neck of lamb, or 1 kg beef.
2. 2 onions.
3. 6 cardamom seeds.
4. 6 mastic grains.
5. 2 cups rice (See Rice Mifalfil recipe).
6. 20 garlic cloves, crushed.
7. 2 tablespoons vinegar.
8. 2 loaves crisp local bread.
9. cooking oil.
10. salt and pepper.
1. Boil water with onion, cardamom, mastic grain, and seasoning.
2. Add neck or beef and cook until tender.
3. Remove meat from broth and keep warm.
4. Discard cardamom and pulverize onion completely.
5. Cut up bread into small pieces, 2 cms square, and place in serving dish.
6. Fry garlic until pale gold.
7. Add vinegar and boil for 3-5 minutes.
8. Pour over boiling broth and simmer for 7 minutes.
9. To arrange the serving dish, completely moisten the bread with the boiling broth and cover with thick layer of rice.
10. Wet the rice with the remaining soup.
11. Arrange the meat or neck around the rice, in a ring.
1. Prepared in the same manner, substituting chicken for meat.
2. Moisten the bread and rice with the soup.
3. Cover the rice with yogurt flavored heavily with garlic.