1. 2 pounds top quality sifted flour
2. 1 pound butter
3. 1 tea spoon baking powder
4. 1 cup sugar
5. 1 cup water
1. Mix the sugar, flour, water, and baking powder.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces, add it to the mix.
3. Knead the butter and the mix with your fingers until the mix becomes small pieces.
4. Place the dough on a large floured cutting board.
5. Roll out the dough to 1/2 centimeter (1/3 an inch) with a rolling pin.
To prevent the dough from sticking to the cutting board: Add a little water gradually.
6. Cut the dough to several equal pieces.
7. Roll out each piece until it becomes very very thin.
How to roll out the dough: Press the dough with a rolling pin forward. Left the rolling pin quickly and lightly. Repeat this process until the dough becomes very very thin. Sprinkle flour on the dough while rolling the dough to prevent the dough from sticking to the board.
8. Brush a round tray with melted butter.
9. Place one dough at a time in the tray. Brush each layer of dough with melted butter.
10. Bake in 350 degree oven until the top becomes a light brown.
11. Remove the Feteer Meshaltet from tray.
12. You can eat it hot or cold with honey or salted cheese.