Hummus (pronounced Hum-es) is an exotic blend of pureed chickpeas contains no saturated fat, no cholesterol or sugars and is high in protein and fiber. Unlike many foods that are good for you, hummus also tastes great. It is a perfect food for anyone who is concerned about eating well or who is on a low cholesterol diet and doesn't want to sacrifice flavor.
1. 1 cup chickpeas.
2. 1 tsp lemon juice.
3. 2 fresh minced garlic cloves.
4. 1/2 tsp cumin.
5. 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt.
6. 1/4 tsp hot pepper, or spices of your choice.
7. 1/2 cup of tomato juice.
1. Soak 1 cup chick peas overnight, or boil for a long time until
it is soft and tender.
2. Add all remaining ingredients and boil for 1 minute.
3. Drink while it is warm.