1. Three tablespoons l Licorice powder (makes 12 glasses).
1. Place licorice powder in deep bowl and cover with cold water.
2. With a spoon, rub licorice in the water until it forms a thick paste.
3. Allow to rest for about 20 minutes.
4. Place in cheesecloth bag and hang in jug filled with water (12 glasses).
5. Leave in refrigerator until needed.
6. Pull out bag, squeeze gently in jug, then discard bag.
7. The serve, raise jug about six inches over the glass and pour the juice. This allows plenty of bubbles to form on top - a very important feature in licorice juice. If you like it sweet, suspend the cheesecloth bag in sweetened water.