'Karkadeeh' is a dried Hibiscus petals pre-packaged,
are available in most supermarkets, international grocery stores,
middle eastern grocery stores and indian grocery stores.
To make 10 - 12 glasses, use
1. 1 cup hibiscus petals
2. 2 cups sugar
1. Soke hibiscus petals in cold water for 1 - 2 hours.
2. Transfer, with its water, to pot and bring to a boil.
3. Remove pot immediately and strain liquid through a very fine sieve or filter paper.
4. Return petals to the pot, add fresh cold water to cover, and bring to a boil, again filtering the juice.
5. Repeat until karkadeeh loses its reddish hue.
6. Discard petals and sweeten while juice is still hot.
Traditionally, karkadeeh is served ice-cold, but it is also pleasant when served hot in winter.