Lkmt Alkady is an Egyptian dessert dish for feasts and everyday. Do not use it when you are doing a school project on Egypt. It tastes better to eat it as soon as you cook it. Good luck.
1 cup flour
3/4 cup water
4 cups oil
1/16 teaspoonful of salt
1 piece (or powder is better) of yeast. Use: Fleischmann's RapidRise - Highly Active Yeast. Net WT 1/4 oz (7G).
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of water
1 teaspoonful of lemon juice
2 teaspoonful of vanilla
· Add sugar to water, stir on mild -heat stove until dissolved.
· Add lemon juice and cook until it boils.
. Use minimum heat until it gets viscous and thick (about 30 minutes).
· Allow it to cool to room temperature.
· Add vanilla.
. Do not put it in the Refrigerator.
1. Mix the yeast in the 2/3 cup of water. Add flour and
mix will until it becomes dough.
2. Leave the dough in a warm area for about 2 hours.
3. Cover it with a cloth until the dough expands.
4. Cut the dough with a small scoop or a teaspoon.
5. Heat the oil and fry the scooped dough until light brown.
6. Put the hot cooked dough imediatly in the cold syrup, mix well for a minute.
7. Cover it with aluminum foil.
8. It tastes better if you eat it before it gets cold.