1. 3 tablespoons butter
2. 4 heaping tablespoons flour
3. 3 cups cold milk
4. salt and pepper to taste
5. 1 egg (optional)
1. Melt butter over a low flame.
2. Add the flour and blend until it becomes a golden color.
3. Remove from flame and add the milk very gradually and blending thoroughly.
4. Return to flame and add salt and pepper to taste stir constantly to prevent the mixture from becoming lumpy until it reaches the desired thickness.
5. Beat an egg and add it to sauce (optional).
1 LB/16 OZ/454 G/ about 1/2 Kilogram) Macaroni (boiled until it becomes soft)
1 stick butter (4 OZ/1/4 LB/113 Grams)
3 soupspoon cheddar shredded cheese
½ LB half cooked hamburger (Lahma Al-sag)
2 cups Bechamel Sauce with cheddar shredded cheese
4 soupspoons tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste
Water as needed
1) Mix tomato paste to the half cooked hamburger (Lahma Al-sag) and add
water as needed and cook until the tomato paste is cooked.
2) Coat an oven tray with melted butter.
3) Mix the soft Macaroni with 1 cup Bechamel Sauce.
4) Put half the mix of the soft Macaroni and the Bechamel Sauce in the tray.
5) Spread the mix of the tomato paste and the hamburger (Lahma Al-sag) over the Macaroni.
6) Spread the other half of the mix of the soft Macaroni and the Bechamel Sauce over the hamburger (Lahma Al-sag).
7) Spread the other half of the Bechamel Sauce over the Macaroni.
8) Sprinkle the Macaroni with the 3 soupspoons shredded cheese and melted butter (Samn/Zebdah/Kashtah).
9) Place the oven tray on the bottom shelf of the oven at 350 degrees until it is cooked.
10) Move the tray to the middle oven shelf for a few minutes until the top becomes golden color.
11) Serve it hot.