1. 4 cups milk.
2. 1 cup sugar.
3. 4 soup spoons Nicha (Nisha is Corn Starch).
4. 1 cup Mango juice. A canned mango juice is fine, but use juice from the fruit itself for a better flavor.
5. 1/2 cup water.
6. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
1. Mix sugar with 3 cups milk. Heat until it boils.
2. Mix Nicha with 1 cup of milk. Then, add it slowly to Sugar-milk mixture while stirring quickly until it boils. It is very, very important to stir quickly.
3. Add Mango juice to the mixture and stir quickly until it boils.
4. Turn heat down to low. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add water and vanilla to the mixture and stir for 3 minutes.
6. Take mixture off heat and wait until the temperature goes down a little.
7. You're almost done. Pour the Mehalabeya into round individual dessert dishes.
8. Mehalabeya can be topped with white raisins, small pieces of dried fruit, mixed nuts, or small slices of fresh mango.
9. Refrigerate until cold.
10. Serve Mehalabeya cold.
Cooked the same way as Mehalabeya with Mango except substitute Mango juice with Apricot juice.
Cooked the same way as Mehalabeya with Mango except, without Mango juice or Mango slices.Go to top of page