A. Minced beef and rice (equal quanties of both), salt and pepper.
B. Minced beef and rice (equal quanties of both), with grated onion, salt and pepper.
C. Equal quanties of rice, tomatoes, and a mixture of grated onion, chopped parsley and dill moistened with oil, together with salt and pepper.
D. Half cup of rice, 2 grated onions, 4 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped, 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon mint powder, half a cup of oil, salt and pepper.
1. 4 white eggplants.
2. 4 brown slender eggplants.
3. 4 zucchini.
4. 4 tomatoes.
5. 4 sweet green peppers.
6. tomato juice.
7. cooking fat.
8. salt, pepper, and any stuffing above (Khalta li-l-khudar al-mahshi - Mixtures of stuffed vegetables).
1. Core the vegetables.
2. Mix ingredients for stuffing and spoon into the vegetables, filling them loosely.
3. Arrange all the vegetables in pot, keeping the opening facing upward.
4. Sprinkle tomato juice over each vegetable.
5. Fill pot with salted water, up to 3 cms, and cook over moderate flame for about 30 minutes.
Serve either hot or cold. Enjoy.
1. 1/2 kg lamb or beef.
2. 3 potatoes, peeled and diced.
3. 7 pearl onions, peeled.
4. 1/4 kg okra with peeled ridges.
5. 1 brown round eggplant, peeled and diced.
6. 1/4 kg string beans.
7. 1 cup shelled peas.
8. 1 teaspoon mint powder.
9. 1 hot chili pepper, chopped very finely.
10. cooking fat.
11. salt and pepper.
1. Cut meat into bite-sized cubes.
2. Fry meat until the juice is reabsorbed.
3. Remove from pot and place in casserole dish.
4. Toss all the vegetables (except the hot pepper) into the remaining cooking oil and saute.
5. Strain, add to meat together with mint powder, hot pepper, and seasoning, and cover with water.
6. Slow cook, about 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours.