1. Three cups of Rice.
2. Five cups of Milk.
3. One small spoons of Salt and 1/4 spoon of Pepper.
4. 4 OZ. (1 stick) of Butter.
5. A very large/tall oven pot
Lamb Meat or (Lahma Dani = Young Meat) or Chicken.
1. Wash the rice several times, and keep it in water for about
½ an hour.
2. Pre-heat the oven, very high 500. Your oven may be less powerful.
Therefore, it may take more time to cook.
3. Grease a large (TALL because milk rise) oven pot with
butter and put the remaining 4 OZ.
(1 and 1/2 sticks) of butter in the pot. Then, put the pot in
the hot oven until the all the butter is melted.
4. Drain the water from the rice.
5. Add one small spoon of Salt and 1/4 spoon of Pepper to the
rice, and mix well.
6. Put the rice in the oven pot and cover it with five cups of
7. The heat should be about 500, cook for fifteen minutes or until
it start boiling.
8. Reduce the heat to 300 for another 25 minutes or more.
9. Check the rice with a knife every 5 minutes. If the knife
contain rice, leave it for another 5 or 10 more minutes.
10. Keep checking every 5 minutes until it is cooked and its face becomes brown.
Boil for a few minutes, small pieces of Lam Meat OR Chicken, and add them to rice before you start cooking it.
Can be eaten hot or cold. It tastes better to heat it before you eat it with tomato and cucumber salad.Go to top of page