1. 'Tamr Hindi' - Tamarind (available in spice shops, both dried and as a paste.
both are prepared the same way, but the paste requires extra filtering.)
2. Sugar to taste
1. Soak tamarind in cold water for 2-3 hours.
2. Transfer, with its water to a pot and bring to a boil.
3. Remove pot from flame immediately and strain liquid through filter paper or cheesecloth.
4. Replace dregs in pot with fresh cold water to cover and boil, again filtering.
5. Repeat until the tamarind loses its brown color.
6. Discard dregs.
7. Add sugar to sweeten to taste while it is still hot.
Tamarind is an ideal drink on a hot summer day. This Traditional drink in known for its naturally colling effect.Go to top of page