1. 1 packet ru'aa (type of cracker-bread, sold in round packets
of 300 g at the grocer's), Or 1/2 kg gullash
2. 1 cup mixed nuts
3. 1 tablespoon grated coconut
4. 1 tablespoon unsolted butter or fresh cream
5. 2 cups rich, well-sweetened milk
1. Dry thr ru'aa or gullash, 1-2 sheets at a time, for 1-2
minutes in a hot oven, to make them dry and crisp.
2. Crush with your fingers and place in a lightly greased oven pan.
3. Mix nuts and coconut and scatter on top.
4. Warm sweetened milk and pour over the dessert.
5. Dab with butter or cream and place in moderately hot oven until top is browned.
Feed Back: I did try your om ali recipe and i have one suggestion. instead of the gullash, puff pastry works SO MUCH better. i tried it the way you said with the gullash and it took me a very long time to dry it all, and in the end the om ali seemed like wet cereal. when i used puff pastry (my mother's suggestion) it turned out perfect. just thought i'd let you know!Go to top of page